Monday, October 11, 2010

So much to be thankful for

We have just returned from a wonderful extended long thanksgiving weekend in the valley. As usual it was a whirlwind of activity, visits, parties, and food! We never fit in all the stuff we want to when we're home. Truth be told, we never come close... but we feel fortunate to be able to spend any time we can with our family and friends so no complaining here.  There is always our next visit!

We're tired... but this quiet Monday night has me thankful for so many things this year in particular.

I am thankful for my beautiful and happy little boy who makes our lives brighter in so many ways, and today especially because he was so good in brutal holiday traffic and barely fussed at all during our 7 hour trip home. 

I am thankful for the family and friends who helped us celebrate Rory and Eve's baptism's this long weekend.

I am thankful for Father Bill, my sister, my mom and my Aunt Patricia who went to so much trouble to help my cousin Angela and I plan the baptism from afar and prepare such a wonderful spread of food and drink.

I am thankful for Stephanie and Adam who stood beside Peter and I this weekend and promised to help us guide Rory as he grows into the amazing young man we know he is going to be. 

I am thankful for the girlfriends who I get to see sometimes by plan or sometimes by chance when I am home in Almonte. No matter how short or sweet, even brief moments are wonderful in our busy lives.

And finally I am thankful for my parents who are so supportive and give so much unconditional love to my little family.

And of course, I am so thankful for my incredible husband who makes everything easy and special in our lives.

And I would also be incredibly thankful if Rory slept through the night tonight. Too greedy?
I hope you had a great long weekend too. xo






No comments:

Post a Comment